Monday, July 6, 2015

Which art class? Da Vinci or Global Art

Just to update that now my kids are going to "Art Class".
Like typical kiasu mum, which is better?
1) Global Art
2) Da Vinci
3) My Art Studio
4) Independent Art School - like the one in SS2.

Honestly, my eldest had been to the one in SS2 when she was 4. Reason chosen because the cousins are there so someone can keep an eye on her. I believe she is good in art and I want her to excel. In addition, I noticed that this a a medium for her to express. Also I believe art can enhanced her attention spend and improved her patient. Too much IPAD so become hot tempered!!! However, I regretted coz I did not spend time to find out the art lesson!

Finally after 3 years, I noticed my girl did not improve much in terms of skills learn. Not much of variation of techniques. Definitely I am not not so easy to be satisfied. So she stopped. Then, the searching for art school starts.

So after resting for 6 months, she and her brother are now in Da Vinci - Damansara Perdana. (www.dvckiddp.blogspot.com)
This centre is previously the Da Vinci flagship store located at Ikano Power Centre (opposite Popular bookstore. They move in April 2015).

Why? compare to others:-
1) Da Vinci syllabus is more structured & caters to individual needs. *I believe kids excel differently in art.
 2) Each programme and lesson have its objectives and well structure.
3) The emphasis are to not only enhance their drawing and colouring techniques, but thinking skills - thus it challenges their creativity and capabilities - certain freedom given in drawings and colouring exploration techniques. *I want them to be creative *think out of box* .
3) It is well established and developed by a strong design based educator.
4) The teachers are trained and with art and design background - either degree or diploma. So I am assured the kids are well taken care. * I believe quality of teachers are important.

My girl artwork. Note the fish can swim! 

No comments:

Post a Comment