Tuesday, May 20, 2014

English Enrichment Classes - Lorna Whiston, British Council or Morris Allen

Is additional English lesson necessary?

Yes, I think is is necessary. Though we are living in the urban city, and I believe most 'educated' family speaks English at home (including me of course) - end out speaking 'Manglish'. Furthermore my 2 elder kids are in Puay Chai 2, and believe me, the English standard in primary school text books are unbelievable so shallow. That's why the command of English are poor.

Besides encouraging the kids to read English story book (coz I cannot understand Mandarin and therefore, don't know what book to purchase), I actually send them to native speakers English class - main reason - so they are able to understand proper English language. No lar... or no ma...No choice - you have to pay a boom for that!!!

A few to compare:-
1) Lorna Whiston in Taman Tun Dr Ismail (the nearest)
2) British Council (The Curve)
3) Morris Allen (Centre Point, Bandar Utama)
4) PJ Speech and Drama - Cambridge English (SS2)

I actually use to send my son to the one in SS2 when he was 4+, due to the cheapest (not easy for salaried parents). Over 6 months, I find that he did not improve due to conventional (boring) learning methods. That time, my girl was already in Morris Allen. So finally send both to Morris Allen. Now they are already 2 years with Morris Allen. So far, I am satisfied.

On fees comparison - for native English speaking teachers (Lorna Whiston) is the most expensive. I wanted that but too expensive for 2 kids! Morris Allen is just a little more expensive than British Council, but main reason because the nearest.


2 comments:

  1. Good sharing in this blog, Morris Allen English implements an interactive structure for students to enjoy learning English. With a teaching approach focusing on an Interactive Multi-Sensory System, students are actively engaged in speaking, listening and visual activities. For detail review visit:
    http://kidbuxblog.com/enrich-your-child-with-the-english-language/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often. learn Spanish Hong Kong

    ReplyDelete